Fresh Fish Recipes
Neapolitan Tomato Herring
- 455g (1lb) herring fillets, cut into 5cm (2″) pieces
- 1 x 450g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 55g (2oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 x 15ml spoon (3 tablespoons) red wine
- fresh chopped chives, to garnish
Microwave Power: 800 Watt
Place the pasta sauce, onion, mushrooms and red wine into a shallow suitable bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir in the herring. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with chives and serve with cooked pasta.