Fresh Fish Recipes
Halibut Steaks with Champagne and Peppercorn Sauce
- 2 x 170g (6oz) halibut steaks
- 40g (1 and a half oz) butter
- salt and black pepper
- 150ml (5 fl oz) pink champagne or rosé sparkling wine
- 4 x 15ml spoon (4 tablespoons) double cream or crème fraîche
- 1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) mixed whole peppercorns
- 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) freshly snipped chives
Place the steaks onto a grill pan. Dot with 15g (half an oz) butter and season.
Cook under a preheated grill for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: heat the remaining butter in a pan and add the champagne. Bring to the boil and reduce the liquid by half.
Stir in the cream, seasoning and chives.
Arrange the halibut steaks onto a plate, pour over the sauce and serve on a bed of cooked green and white tagliatelle.