Fresh Fish Recipes
- 225-340g (8-12oz) Arbroath Smokie
- 200g tub low fat soft cream cheese
- 15ml spoon (1tblsp) lemon juice
- 40g (1 and half oz) butter or margarine
- 15ml spoon (1tblsp) parsley, chopped
- 1.Remove skin and bones from the Smokies and flake the flesh into a bowl or process using a food processor.
- 2. Beat in the cheese, lemon juice and butter or margarine, until pate is soft and smooth.
- 3. stir in the parsley and chill before serving with toast and salad.
- One pair Arbroath Smokies, boned, skinned and flaked
- 12 basic French crepes
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 ounce butter
- 1 cup Vermouth
- 1/2 pint bechamel sauce
- 1/4 pint cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch parsley
- Melt the butter, add and sweat the finely diced onion. Pour off all the butter, add the Vermouth and reduce by half.
- Add the bechamel, parsley and lemon juice. Cook for two minutes and then add the cream.
- Add the flaked Arbroath Smokies to the sauce.
- Fill the centre of the crepes with the smokie mixture and roll into cigar shapes. Serve with saffron rice and garnish
- 2 Hards Boiled Eggs
- 2 Arbroath Smokies
- 2oz Melted Butter
- 1oz Plain Flour
- 1 Small Carton Single Cream
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine (optional)
- Grated Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop hard boiled eggs and place in small dishes and flaked smokies.
- mix melted butter with flour and cream, wine, salt and pepper for taste.
- Pour over eggs and smokies mixture.
- Cover with grated cheese and heat in the oven or under grill
- 8″ pie crust, made with shortcrust pastry
- 2 or 3 Smokies
- 1/2 pint milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tomatoes
- Pastry: 8oz plain flour, 4oz butter or hard margarine , water to mix.
- Rub the butter into the flour and mix to stiff dough with water. Roll out to fit 8″ greased round tart tin.
- Flake fish carefully. Mix with beaten eggs and milk and pour into the pastry case.
- Cover the top with sliced tomatoes and bake in a moderate oven until set approximately 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold