Fresh Fish Recipes
Smokie and Tomato Flan
- 8″ pie crust, made with shortcrust pastry
- 2 or 3 Smokies
- 1/2 pint milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tomatoes
- Pastry: 8oz plain flour, 4oz butter or hard margarine , water to mix.
- Rub the butter into the flour and mix to stiff dough with water. Roll out to fit 8″ greased round tart tin.
- Flake fish carefully. Mix with beaten eggs and milk and pour into the pastry case.
- Cover the top with sliced tomatoes and bake in a moderate oven until set approximately 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold